Saturday, April 23, 2011

It seems that we are on the mend! Yay! I finished the second basket liner and obviously the first was beginner's luck that it turned out so well. I had some length issues with the second one in the curve on one side of the basket which resulted in some puckering. Oh well, it's a learning process! I'm definitely learning!

C's first two teeth are ALMOST in! The bottom two are almost in and bless his heart he has been having a tough time of it this week. I was putting Or@gel on his gums to soothe them but he started breaking out in a really bad rash so I'm not sure if he's developed an allergy to it. That means no Or@gel until the rash clears up so I can challenge him with it again... Allergies are no fun for him and very frustrating for me! I have them too so it breaks my heart when I see him scratching because I know how bad it is to feel itchy all of the time. I spent my whole childhood hiding inside because I was allergic to all things outdoors and would break out immediately if any grass or pollen touched me! I've grown out of some of it, but it still bothers me. C is fortunate to **so far** per the allergist not be allergic to mold, pets, trees. He says that those allergies usually develop later, but I'm hoping that maybe his is limited to just food. (That's hard enough.) I can't imagine being a boy and having allergies to grass and trees and pets. He's such a trooper. He has the biggest smile on his face even with the rashes and scratching.

B loves to play outside and is getting so independent. He plays by himself very well, but really enjoys having C to play with. He is a great help to me! We cook together almost every night. I know that sounds scary to most people, but my parents let me help them cook and I LOVE to cook as a result. I find that he really is much more open to eating different things when he has helped prepare it. He pulls his chair up to the cooktop and helps me stir, peel, and grate the ingredients.

No comments: