Sunday, March 22, 2009

It's good to be home....

Over 1600 miles, 7 days, 8 nights, 6 parks, 19 rides, 6 roller coasters, and 14 countries... Wow, what a trip! We saw Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood Studios, Animal Kingdom, Downtown Disney, and Sea World. We had a blast but boy are we TIRED!! We got up early and went to bed late to see as much as we could. We arrived Saturday night after a long and grueling 13 hour trip. We traveled in thunderstorms the majority of the trip and were so happy to arrive at Disney safe and sunny! We had reservations that night in "England" to eat and watch the fireworks at Epcot, so we quickly checked in and got on the bus to Epcot. We visited Magic Kingdom Sunday and were honored to see the space shuttle launch before the parade and fireworks started on Main Street. What a moving experience. It brought tears to my eyes and we were all in awe over seeing it ascend into the horizon. Monday was Animal Kingdom day where we went on a safari and had breakfast with Donald Duck... BWK wasn't sure what he thought about this! We ate supper with Mickey Mouse at Chef Mickey that night and he liked Mickey much better. We rode the monorail into the Contemporary to eat. That was cool. I love the monorail! You could get on it with your stroller!!! Tuesday we went to Downtown Disney and shopped. Shopping is always fun! Wednesday we hung out at Hollywood Studios and rode roller coasters most of the day! I haven't had the courage to get on many roller coasters in my life, but I had a ball trying new things on our vacation! I have to say, however, that I DO NOT LIKE the Tower of Terror. Enough said! Thursday we went to Epcot and I think I took hundreds of photos of all of the beautiful flowers! They had flower and shrub sculptures of all of the Disney characters and they were amazing! We went back to Magic Kingdom that night to get BWK's ears embroidered and shop for souvenirs. Friday we went to Sea World and saw Shamu, petted stingrays and dolphins as well as rode another great roller coaster. My favorite of the trip! We left Saturday morning around 5 central time and we had a much easier trip home without the rain! I'm taking today to rest and unpack...and do all of the laundry from our trip. I think that returning to work tomorrow might just be the rest I need! Ha! I'll post pictures soon.

No comments: